Sulit.com.ph Buy and Sell
Join the 1M Raffle Giveaway
Read more: http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+topic/id/80647/Sulit+1M+Members+Raffle+Giveaway%3A+Join+and+Get+a+Chance+to+Win+iPad+2+and+Other+Prizes%21
There are a number of formulas used when complaining in English. It's important to remember that a direct complaint or criticism in English can sound rude or aggressive. It's best to mention a problem in an indirect manner. Here are some of the most common:
- I'm sorry to have to say this but...
- I'm sorry to bother you, but...
- Maybe you forgot to...
- I think you might have forgotten to...
- Excuse me if I'm out of line, but...
- There may have been a misunderstanding about...
- Don't get me wrong, but I think we should...
I'm sorry to have to say this but
I think we need to take another approach.
I'm sorry to bother you, but
I think you need to refine this layout.
Maybe you forgot to
include his name and number.
I think you might have forgotten to
finish the report on time.
Excuse me if I'm out of line, but
your work has not been adequate lately.
There may have been a misunderstanding about
what I expected from you.
Don't get me wrong, but I think we should
concentrate on the Smith account for the moment.
There are a number of ways to guess in English. Here are some of the most common:
- I'd say he's about ready to quite his job.
- It might need some oil.
- He could be in the garden.
- It looks like a miniature motor.
- Perhaps he needs some time off work.
- Maybe they want to come and visit this summer.
- It's difficult to say, but I'd guess that it's used for cleaning house.
- I'm not really sure, but I think they enjoy hiking in the mountains.